Friday, June 8, 2012

End of Year Reflection – Greatest High School Obstacle

My biggets obstacle in the past two years of high school was having to come to San Pasqual Academy. It was the beginning of the fourth quarter of freshman year, I was going to Rancho Bernardo High School. I was involved in sports and school activities so leaving all my friends and the activities I loved was the hardest part. Things started to get rough at home around the second semester and eventually my aunt couldn't take care of my sister and I anymore. I missed about a month of school while my social worker was trying to figure out a placement for us so my grades started dropping and it made it hard to get them back up when I got here. I've had to become so much more independent and learn how to do things for myself by coming here. I've learned what true relationships are and that the only person I can truly count on is my sister. I've learned how to advocate for myself and form my own opinions and that's going to help me in life. If I could go back and change anything I definitely would. I would love to do everything over and not try to be so grown up so that I would have never gotten kicked out. This is the time in my life that I need a structured home with a mom and a dad and my stupid decisions put that in jeapordy. As a person I have grown a lot in the past two years and I'm happy I'll be able to take some of that with me.

2 comments: