Monday, November 14, 2011

’The Storyteller’ - Memorable Books from My Childhood

The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff
Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg
The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper

When I was little my favorite book was If you Give A Mouse A Cookie. It is about a mouse that starts off by getting one thing and she ends up wanting everything. This was my favorite book because my mom would read it to me before bed, and always compare me to the mouse. I would also read it in class in 2nd grade. I remember going to the library and hiding in the corner while reading it over and over.

1 comment:

  1. I also love "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"! I remember reading it in first grade. I like the detail that describes your memory of reading the book.

    ReplyDelete